@djw_fashion

Monday 24 March 2014

København


Since I've just got back from a City break in Copenhagen I thought it would be rude not to share with you some of the little gems I stumbled upon. First stop breakfast, danish pastries...yum. I was recommended Meyers Bageri, I patiently queued for a little brown paper bag containing a warm cinnamon bun. This was followed with a stroll through the City's cemetery and around national monuments including 'Rosenborg Castle'.

Lunch consisted of two consecutive visits to Copenhagen's Torvehallerne. Torvehallerne is a relatively new artisan food market, full of organic butchers, fishmongers, bakers and greengrocers. Theres a really nice vibe, and its great if you want to enjoy good food at good prices while watching the world pass you by.


Dinner & drinks. Where do I start? Everything in Copenhagen is considered down to the last detail. I am totally bias because I adore the nordic aesthetic. Our favourite meal was at Radio, where innovative cooking took on a new meaning. We chose the five course taster menu which included seasonal produce from scallops, endive and seaweed to a dessert of carrot, white chocolate and ground elder. The food was exquisite. Set in urban surroundings, catered by informative and enthusiastic staff whom each had a genuine love for the venues cuisine. 

Next stop Fiskeber where its all about the fish and shellfish. Again a modern twist was incorporated into each dish, for me the most delectable element was the barley porridge with scallop roe and herbs. Follow that with a few beverages at the edgy Paté Paté restaurant/bar and your nights complete. Both are places to be seen in the popular meat packing district.



Now, shopping! That clean modernity is evident throughout the fashion boutiques and interior stores. First stop, Wood Wood which is a lifestyle brand as well as having its own mens and womenswear lines. The garments were hip with a laid back feel, I invested in a cropped bomber jacket which I thought was a good transitional piece. The work of Danish furniture designer Hans Wegner has heavily influenced the product and furniture design seen throughout the City. I fell in love with this sheepskin chair seen above.   


We stayed centrally at the sustainable Guldsmeden Hotel which was a nice boutique base, I've heard Airbnb offers some really good apartment options too. I hope I have whet your appetite for a relaxed weekend away.

Comments Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...